Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday Bash

The dilemma- to celebrate or not one’s birthday. At first, I thought well, I’ll just spend it with Lucas and Max, my Father and Son Lucas Terriers. Then at the urging of friends, I got into gear. It was Monday and the birthday was Tuesday.

So I called Tony’s and found that their Wine Celler miraculously was available. It was the perfect size room, not too big and not too small. I made a list- I actually wished I could have had more of my friends, but then it would have grown too large. What I really wanted was a small intimate evening with good friends, stimulating conversation, a menu to comfort paired with fine wines- and that’s what we had! How does French fries and cocktails, a salad that I deem to be my own, short ribs, mac and cheese, and the most divine praline cheesecake sound? It was very nostalgic because there were old friends, new ones, and memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment